Before answering the “how to make our earth clean” question we have to ask one more question, why can we care about our planet?
We all care about the home we live in, its cleanliness, shape, and location because we spend our time there.
So, we all live in one home which is Earth, and the question of how to make our earth clean is very fundamental for our future.
The disasters and catastrophes we witnessed are big proof of the mistakes we did for our home Earth.
Although the consequences of air pollution and global warming can be more difficult to see at the moment, the destructive effects of plastic pollution are all too unpleasant and obvious.
Plastic waste has an effect on thousands of marine creatures. Many of them mistake small objects for food and choke, while others get caught in floating debris and become stranded.
And the ocean’s biggest predators are in jeopardy. Toxic chemicals are released and ingested into body tissue as plastic particles are digested, and they are then transferred into the water. Filter-fed species eat these chemicals, which are then passed on to feeding predators.
Toxins from these plastic particles accumulate in the body faster than the body can eliminate them over time. Bioaccumulation is a phenomenon that affects the top of the food chain, including sharks, killer whales, and polar bears.
To realize the size of this problem, take a look at these distressing facts:
- 5.2 trillion plastic particles are currently floating in the world’s oceans
- Huge amounts of plastic, about 10-20 million tons end up in our oceans every single year.
- Marine plastic waste is estimated to cause $13 billion in annual losses due to its harmful effects on marine environments.
So, we observed the devastating effects of earth pollution, and to save our world from worse damage, people have to move and know how to make our earth clean.
In order to make Earth cleaner, human beings should take serious steps like living more eco-friendly, using reusable items (bags, cups, paper, etc), stop using plastic and replace it with more healthy alternatives, composting at home, using public transportation, and increasing community awareness.
Best Ways to Make Our Earth Clean
What is the solution for that? Let’s give a short answer for our prime issue “how to make our earth clean”:
- Being eco-friendly: One way to keep Earth clean is to be more close to the environment through changing our habits and behaviors. (Ultimate Guide of 15 Ways at Home)
- Remember to bring reusable bags to the grocery store or for any other shopping activities to reduce the consumption of disposable bags.
- Use a reusable water bottle. Investing in a reusable water bottle would not only minimize the use of single-use plastic, but it will also save you money in the long run! Consider using a water filter if you’re worried about the consistency of your drinking water.
- Bring a reusable cup with you. Consider how many disposable cups are used each day in your neighborhood coffee shop. Bringing a mug for your morning coffee will help you generate less waste per year. Consider how much waste we could save if we all made this easy adjustment on a regular basis!
- Avoid single-use things. Keep track of how much you use single-use items and replace them with more sustainable alternatives. You can start today by refusing plastic straws and disposable cutlery when you go out, as well as carrying your own containers for leftovers.
- Microbead-containing items should be avoided. Plastic microbeads in facial scrubs and beauty products were outlawed in the United States in 2015, but they won’t be phased out completely until 2019. When buying items, read the labels and look for ones that contain natural scrubbing ingredients like salt or sugar.
- Bulk purchases are recommended. When shopping for products, keep in mind the product-to-packaging ratio and opt for larger containers rather than multiple smaller ones. Consider buying foods and household items that don’t come in packages when you have the opportunity.
- Ensure all your trash is properly disposed of. Make every effort to ensure that the waste you dispose of is properly disposed of. Recycle the recyclable materials in your neighborhood, and keep a lid on your trash can when it’s outside to reduce the risk of your garbage ending up in the environment.
- Composting at home decreases the amount of waste sent to landfills and the likelihood of such materials becoming marine debris.
The Bottom Line
These ways can protect our Earth from the effects that human being causes. And therefore protect our future from world warming, natural disasters and save life resources.
What ways and methods can you suggest solving the post point “how to make our earth clean”, please tell us in the comment and let’s be one hand to save our mother nature.